Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread

+5
metaldude
Wolfform
MetalPioneer
Zymologist
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread Empty The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Got something to say that isn't quite deserving of its own thread?  Post it here!

To start off, anyone got any good jokes?

I think it's a good idea to wear two different deodorants: one under each arm.  But that's just my two scents.  What a Face Razz Rolling Eyes
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread Empty Re: The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Kerrick Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:42 pm

How on Earth is there not a nihilist/depressive-suicidal/parent's-basement/one-neckbearded-man black metal project named Meconium yet???  It sounds quite metal...
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread Empty Re: The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Zymologist Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 am

Which knight ate the most beef? Sir Loin!

Who was the fattest knight in the kingdom? Sir Cumference

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:02 pm

This thing is typing my posts in black. How do I fix it?! HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!!
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:01 pm

metaldude wrote:This thing is typing my posts in black. How do I fix it?! HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!!

You should see your writing in white letters.  Is that on all of your posts?  You don't have any kind of script blocker running, do you?
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm

When they're posted, they're white. When I'm typing them,  they're black.
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:18 pm

I think that's something we can fix relatively easily but it'll take a little time to figure out.

So my friend got us this for our daughter Gloria:

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread 20180913

And here's Gloria wearing it, making her best black metal face:

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread 20180912

I also have longsleeved version of "The Pooper" on order for her too hahahahaha.

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread Iron-maiden-the-pooper-baby-onesie
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 pm

metaldude wrote:When they're posted, they're white. When I'm typing them,  they're black.

Are you using the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page?  Try using the "Post Reply" at the top of the page.  Do the letters change color for you?
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 pm

It's black text on a grey background.  I didn't see an option to change the text color when replying, though it is easy enough to change the text box background.  Matthew, want me to make it a little lighter to allow for better contrast?
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 am

We got this onesie for our little girl.   Twisted Evil  The picture was taken right after I heard the deep rumbles of her living up to the onesie's title hahahaha.

The Pooper

You'll take my diaper but I'll fill it first!
You'll think you're done, but there's another burst.
So when you're waiting for the next big load,
You won't be ready, 'cause this one will explode.

The noises sound, the pooping begins,
But on this changing table, no one wins.
The smell of dirty diaper to you I bless,
As you plunge into this big mess.

OoOoOoOoooooooooooooooooh!

The Obligatory Miscellaneous/Random Thoughts Thread 20181011
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:57 pm

Happy Reformation Day!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:53 pm

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize you had a baby lol a little late but Congrats dude! What a cutie ^^ and mini metalhead
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you!  Well she's only a couple months old now so it's still pretty fresh news haha.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:36 am

I see Ydi has returned.  Welcome back.
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:10 pm

There's a tree outside my house that looks like the Vials Of Wrath logo.   Cool
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks metaldude, glad to see you still around
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am

I was looking at that picture of Kerrick's gorgeous little girl and I noticed her facial expression. I think that was how I felt the first time I heard metal.  Very Happy
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Hahahaha yeah I imagine that's how we all looked!

I got this text message from my mom this morning:

"A co-worker loves metal. One of her favorite bands is from Slovakia! I can only assume you've heard of Signum Regis...?"

Yes Mom, of course!  I have all of their albums.  Very Happy  But who would've thunk that little 'ol northern Idaho would have multiple fans of Christian power metal from Slovakia!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Here's a thought I've been "chewing" on for a few days now...

God's only limitation is your cooperation. 

A very simple statement, yet so profound.
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 am

Hmm... I don't quite understand that statement. How is God limited by our cooperation??? Is He not completely sovereign? I suppose this may boil down to a Reformed/Calvinist vs Arminian discussion.

In other news, I feel especially accomplished: My dad and I installed a new stereo and speakers in my car but had trouble with the steering wheel controls. But (with the help of tech support from Crutchfield), I got it working! It was quite a job: pulling off the door panels, drilling new holes for the speakers, wiring everything up, etc. But now I can crank that metal and it sounds goooooooood! flower
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm

My daughter (who's now five months old already!) has learned how to screech like a pterodactyl. This seems to be the preferred method of practicing using her vocal cords. It's pretty comical though I wouldn't mind if she went back to quiet "oooooooh" and "mmmmmmm" hahahaha...
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Happy Friday y'all!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Am I the only random thinker here???   Razz

I'm really looking forward to our upcoming trip next month to Slovakia to hang out with the in-laws.  My sister-in-law will be making the trek from Ecuador with her husband and kid which will be special since we've only met our nephew on Skype!  (He's going on two years old.)  Work has been pretty hectic for me lately so this vacation will feel extra nice.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Haha, no I think randomly sometimes but it usually sounds better in my head than when it comes out. Razz

How is your sister-in-law & family getting here? Flying?

My sister recently spent a little over a week in Jerusalem. It was a trip among her and other leaders from her church as well as another local church. They took a bus to New York & then flew non-stop to Israel.. 12 hour flight. She had an amazing time, got to see just about every important Biblical site you could think of... she even got re-baptized in the Jordan River!! (I know, I know, re-baptizing is not very theologically sound, but hey it's the Jordan River I don't blame her!). She even got to sail in a boat across the Sea of Galilee while her pastor shared a message... how surreal that must've been! I'm glad she got to go and have that wonderful life experience and create lifelong memories.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Oh nice!  My wife especially wants to do something like that someday.  Though we're both a bit nervous traveling to that part of the world these days due to safety...

My sister-in-law and family are flying too.  It's an even bigger trip for them because they live in a mountain village a little ways out from an airport.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next