Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums

2 posters

Go down

2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums Empty 2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:27 pm

2021 is almost over, and it's time to reflect on the best albums of the year. What are your top 10 Christian metal and rock albums of 2020? You can be creative if you like -- add album art, give an explanation or description -- it's up to you!

If you have less than 10 or want to list more than 10, that's okay too! There has been a ton of new music this year, so I know it's hard to choose.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums Empty Re: 2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Here is my top 10 list! It was a hard choice because there are so many great albums, but these are the ones that I keep coming back to.

I put an approximate genre next to each album if you're interested in checking any of these out.

1. Convictions - I Won't Survive (Metalcore)
2. Gospod - Israel's Exodus (Melodic Black Metal)
3. SorrowStorm - Epoch of Exile (Black Metal)
4. Dalit - Moksha (Death/Doom Metal)
5. Trytan - Blood of Kings (Progressive Metal)
6. Pantokrator - Marching Out of Babylon (Melodic Death Metal)
7. Warpriest - Dark Ages (Traditional Doom Metal)
8. Brotality - Worldwide Desolation (Thrash Metal)
9. Mangled Carpenter - Under the Shadow (Deathgrind / Death Metal)
10. Meadows - In Those Days and Also After (Melodic Hardcore)
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums Empty Re: 2021 Top Christian Metal and Rock Albums

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:41 pm

There were some very good releases this year! My top three are, in no particular order because it's much too hard haha:

Warpriest - Dark Ages
Dalit - Moksha
Crowned In Sorrow - In Memoriam

('twas a great year for doooooom!)

Other albums I really enjoy, in alphabetical order:

Apostisy - The Paradox Of Existence
Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines
Irgalom - A Great Light
Irgalom - Pools Of Water
Northern Flame - Twisted Reality
OLTAS - Illusion Of Control
Pantokrator - Marching Out Of Babylon
Reflection Of Glory - Escape The Dream
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:52 pm

Kerrick wrote:There were some very good releases this year!  My top three are, in no particular order because it's much too hard haha:

Warpriest - Dark Ages
Dalit - Moksha
Crowned In Sorrow - In Memoriam

('twas a great year for doooooom!)

Other albums I really enjoy, in alphabetical order:

Apostisy - The Paradox Of Existence
Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines
Irgalom - A Great Light
Irgalom - Pools Of Water
Northern Flame - Twisted Reality
OLTAS - Illusion Of Control
Pantokrator - Marching Out Of Babylon
Reflection Of Glory - Escape The Dream

Nice list. There's some stuff I need to check out. I forgot about the Apostisy release, but I enjoyed it quite a bit as well. Isn't Northern Flame an old black metal band? I wasn't aware they released new material. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different band.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:02 pm

Enjoy! No, Northern Flame is euro power metal, through and through. Though the main guy is also in the black metal band Parakletos.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:53 pm

I've been listening to Irgalom off and on today while working on my novel. It looks like Spotify has all of their records. It sounds great! Not sure why I've been sleeping on this band. I see that Vision of God Records has their albums for sale as well, so I might have to splurge. Next up on my listening list is Reflection of Glory.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Oh dude Irgalom is great! I'm surprised too that you haven't delved into 'em yet. Smile I love the biblical and worshipful lyrics. I also really dig Gergely's other project The Arbiter. And yes, VOGR is the label for all of both projects' American releases so you can snag 'em all up there.

I should add to my list Reminiscent - Memory Of The Scars. Top-notch symphonic doom/death in the vein of Morphia and Crowned In Sorrow.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 am

There are just a lot of great bands and not enough time. I wasn't aware that he was involved with The Arbiter. The Reflection of Glory album is awesome. There isn't much Christian symphonic metal out there. I'm surprised that I haven't heard of them before.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:43 pm

Ha I feel ya! Never enough time OR money! Very Happy

Gergely is in like a dozen bands haha. He's the owner of Abran Records and as far as I know, is the sole member of just basically the entire roster's bands. He's got some other projects that aren't on VOGR that range from melodic death metal, metalcore, electronic, and more.
https://abran.bandcamp.com/

I'm glad you like Reflection Of Glory! They've got some of the stronger lyrics in the current Christian scene IMO and top-notch music. I only fairly recently discovered them too and am surprised they haven't made more of a splash yet. I think the latest album got pretty high marks from many so hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of 'em in due time. Smile
Kerrick
Kerrick

MetalPioneer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down