Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Christian Metal Purchases

+6
CrimsonWarrior
Zymologist
Deepfriar
Kerrick
Mark Hentze
metaldude
10 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Latest Christian Metal Purchases - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest Christian Metal Purchases

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 am

Oh wow, some EEE rarities!  Very nice.  That Flaskavsae EP is a good'un.  And that Dark Procession is extremely rare; I believe only 50 copies were made.  (I have a copy for sale if anyone's interested...)

I'm not familiar with Symbiosis either.  What kind of music are they?  Are they Christian?
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Latest Christian Metal Purchases - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest Christian Metal Purchases

Post by Deepfriar Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am

Kerrick wrote:Oh wow, some EEE rarities!  Very nice.  That Flaskavsae EP is a good'un.  And that Dark Procession is extremely rare; I believe only 50 copies were made.  (I have a copy for sale if anyone's interested...)

I'm not familiar with Symbiosis either.  What kind of music are they?  Are they Christian?

Yes sir, I'm stoked to get them uploaded to my cloud so I can listen. bounce

And Symbiosis is supposed to be Christian, yes. Discogs has them listed as electronic?... so it may be some sort of experimental metal/electronic... the seller knows my music taste so I figure it is good! We will find out soon. Very Happy
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Very cool!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:34 am

I took advantage of Vision Of God Record's sale/promotion and ordered Slechtvalk's latest two albums + Irgalom - Song Of Asents / When The Strong Men Stoop as a free bonus!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Kreyson - 20 Years Of Kreyson arrived today. It's really great. They re-recorded in English some favorites from their earlier releases. What's interesting is that for these versions, the lyrics were changed to be quite boldly and explicitly Christian, whereas the originals are of different themes. No complaints here though, as the 'new' lyrics are quite good!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 am

Kerrick wrote:I took advantage of Vision Of God Record's sale/promotion and ordered Slechtvalk's latest two albums + Irgalom - Song Of Asents / When The Strong Men Stoop as a free bonus!

These arrived yesterday.  Must've been because I was wearing my Slechtvalk shirt haha!  I've only been able to listen to most of A Forlorn Throne but it's really good stuff.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Just got physical copies of these in today. A couple of them I've been meaning to pick up for a long time.

Antestor - Kongsblod (Reissue)
Melech - Melech Ha Olam
Hortor - Dios De Dioses
Decayed Existence - Eulogy
Temple of Perdition - Tetragrammaton
Elgibbor - Revenger of Blood
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Nice!  That Melech album is especially good.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:07 am

MetalPioneer wrote:Just got physical copies of these in today. A couple of them I've been meaning to pick up for a long time.

Antestor - Kongsblod (Reissue)
Melech - Melech Ha Olam
Hortor - Dios De Dioses
Decayed Existence - Eulogy
Temple of Perdition - Tetragrammaton
Elgibbor - Revenger of Blood

Very nice haul!!! Quality releases! Congrats. Twisted Evil

I've heard OF but never sampled Decayed Existence but usually can't go wrong with Rottweiler Records.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 am

MetalPioneer wrote:Antestor - Kongsblod (Reissue)

Do you also own TROTBD? Can you help me confirm that they cleaned up the sound just a hair on Kongsblod? (Just didn't sound quite as 'muffled' in the background to me... sounded a little crisper)... I wondered if it is the quality of the rip though on my Google Play Music app. What I do is rip all my CD's & upload them to cloud streaming, but sometimes Google has a tendency to 'merge' sound files when there are multiple copies of the files available and I am wondering if I sometimes lose sound quality that way.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Deepfriar wrote:
MetalPioneer wrote:Antestor - Kongsblod (Reissue)

Do you also own TROTBD? Can you help me confirm that they cleaned up the sound just a hair on Kongsblod? (Just didn't sound quite as 'muffled' in the background to me... sounded a little crisper)... I wondered if it is the quality of the rip though on my Google Play Music app. What I do is rip all my CD's & upload them to cloud streaming, but sometimes Google has a tendency to 'merge' sound files when there are multiple copies of the files available and I am wondering if I sometimes lose sound quality that way.

Unfortunately, I don't own the original, so I can't say whether or not the audio was changed.  It would make sense to me that they re-mastered the original, but I don't have a comparison to make to it.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:15 pm

I looked on Antestor's FB page and there's a post from Nordic Mission from when it was about to be released:

Nordic Mission wrote:...But here it is 20 years after; This masterpiece of soulful folk black metal re- released with extensive linernotes, original cover picture, logo, and uncensored lyrics. Exclusively distributed by Nordic Mission 2018.

It doesn't mention anything about the audio and I assume it would if anything was changed. I think they're exactly the same.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:19 am

Kerrick wrote:I looked on Antestor's FB page and there's a post from Nordic Mission from when it was about to be released:

Nordic Mission wrote:...But here it is 20 years after; This masterpiece of soulful folk black metal re- released with extensive linernotes, original cover picture, logo, and uncensored lyrics. Exclusively distributed by Nordic Mission 2018.

It doesn't mention anything about the audio and I assume it would if anything was changed.  I think they're exactly the same.

Ugh it's going to drive me crazy now...

I'm going to have to dig out my TROTBD out of my lockbox (LOL) and actually put the discs in and listen/compare.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Haha well I look forward to finally getting a definitive answer because I've been curious about this too!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am

Death Therapy - Voices
afro
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Just got the following in this week:

Under the Sun - Man of Sorrows
Sympathy - Abyssal Throne EP
Renascent - Praise of the Lord God Almighty
Holy Blood - Voice of Blood
Proclamus - Death Thoughts
Antidemon - Ring of Fire

Can't wait to listen to the new Holy Blood!
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:54 pm

Wow, quite the haul!  I don't know why I ever delayed in getting into Renascent; they're fantastic.  Praise Of The Lord God Almighty is epic and am mighty excited for their upcoming EP.

How are you liking Man Of Sorrows?
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkyzilla85 Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:45 pm

I picked up the following CDs....

Proclamus - Death Thoughts
All Have Sinned - Innocence Slaughtered
Children of Wrath - Supernatural Dimensions
Sympathy - Abyssal Throne
Crushing the Deceiver
The Blessed - Remember
Terraphobia - Terrafication The Morty Years
Antidemon - Satanichaos
Dark Hymns for the End Times
Sparkyzilla85
Sparkyzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:10 am

Sparkyzilla85 wrote:I picked up the following CDs....

Sympathy - Abyssal Throne

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS bounce
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Kerrick wrote:Wow, quite the haul!  I don't know why I ever delayed in getting into Renascent; they're fantastic.  Praise Of The Lord God Almighty is epic and am mighty excited for their upcoming EP.

How are you liking Man Of Sorrows?

Pretty good so far. I've got a lot of new music to digest at the moment, so I haven't listened as much as I would like.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Various - Australian Metal Compilation IV - Falling on Deaf Ears

I'm stoked for those Virgin Black tracks!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Just got these in:

Demon Hunter - War
Demon Hunter - Peace
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:35 am

Forsaken - Pentateuch

I'm way late to the party on these guys, but this is great.

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:22 am

^Nice!  They're one of my favorites.  Best of luck tracking down some of their earlier albums... but they're all very good and highly recommended.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Speaking of dooooom... I just bought Faustian Slip's tunes off their Bandcamp.
https://faustianslip.bandcamp.com/album/song-of-ruth

afro
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next