Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums

3 posters

Go down

My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums Empty My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums

Post by Sparkyzilla85 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am

This video is almost two years old now, but my picks for my top 5 albums have remained the same.

Sparkyzilla85
Sparkyzilla85

Back to top Go down

My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums Empty Re: My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums

Post by Zymologist Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am

Cool vid. I've never been one much for any kind of -core, so can't comment on the Impending Doom choice, but I do remember really liking Pillar, and Fireproof especially. Crimson Thorn is an excellent choice, although I prefer their first album Unearthed. True enough, their albums are very hard to find and expensive even if you do.

My 5 favorites, after Unearthed, would have to include at least one Incubus/Opprobrium album: I'd say that'd be largely a tossup between Serpent Temptation and Beyond the Unknown, with Serpent Temptation probably just getting the edge. Paramaecium's Exhumed of the Earth and Antestor's Kongsblod would also have to be in there. I'm not sure right now of the #5 slot, so I'll either fill that in later or just give it to the other Incubus album.

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums Empty Re: My Top 5 Christian Rock and Metal Albums

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 am

^The Crimson Thorn CDs got re-released in a box set.  It's a great deal and everyone sings high praises of them but I haven't picked it up yet...  (This style of death metal has just never quite been my thing.)  They're pretty broadly available:

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/crimson-thorn-anthology-of-brutality-19922002-the-complete-collective-works3cd-set2017

https://christianmetaldistro.storenvy.com/products/19461118-crimson-thorn-anthology-of-brutality-1992-2002-the-complete-collective-wo
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:47 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about that compilation, and I even own it.

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:02 pm

LOL.  One of these days I might pick it up.  Smile
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkyzilla85 Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 pm

The Crimson Thorn boxset is a great set of CDs. I picked it up shortly after it was released back in 2016 I think it was.

I was able to find a two CD set on eBay called "Unearthed for Dissection", which is their first two albums. I think I only paid $20 for it, so I'm hopeful to find those two albums individually for a decent price.

Last edited by Sparkyzilla85 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparkyzilla85
Sparkyzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkyzilla85 Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Zymologist wrote:Cool vid. I've never been one much for any kind of -core, so can't comment on the Impending Doom choice, but I do remember really liking Pillar, and Fireproof especially. Crimson Thorn is an excellent choice, although I prefer their first album Unearthed. True enough, their albums are very hard to find and expensive even if you do.

My 5 favorites, after Unearthed, would have to include at least one Incubus/Opprobrium album: I'd say that'd be largely a tossup between Serpent Temptation and Beyond the Unknown, with Serpent Temptation probably just getting the edge. Paramaecium's Exhumed of the Earth and Antestor's Kongsblod would also have to be in there. I'm not sure right now of the #5 slot, so I'll either fill that in later or just give it to the other Incubus album.

Thank you. I can still remember how blown away I was by Pillar's "Fireproof" album, and like I mentioned in the video, I almost got rid of it. At the time i was not used to bands with yelling/screaming/growling and so on and so forth. Initially that's why, back then, I didn't care for Mortification's earlier albums. Thank fully I did eventually get into the heavier stuff and I have been enjoying it ever since.
Sparkyzilla85
Sparkyzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down