Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Christian Metal Purchases

+6
CrimsonWarrior
Zymologist
Deepfriar
Kerrick
Mark Hentze
metaldude
10 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Latest Christian Metal Purchases - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest Christian Metal Purchases

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:08 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Oh dang, customer of the year for sure!  Wink

I was just cranking The Arbiter - My Messenger the other day.  I love me some good doom/death.  I intend on ordering that split of theirs with Memorium and Lucifer's Doom from VOGR soon.

What do you think of that Shamash EP?  It seems to have flown under the radar for most but I heard some samples that sounded pretty good.

The Shamash EP is interesting. It's definitely different. I guess it would probably be classified as progressive metal with black metal and symphonic elements. I'll have to listen more to develop a better opinion of it.

Cool! I do like different... How are the lyrics? I've found myself becoming pickier and pickier about lyrics these days. Cheers!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Latest Christian Metal Purchases - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest Christian Metal Purchases

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:
MetalPioneer wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Oh dang, customer of the year for sure!  Wink

I was just cranking The Arbiter - My Messenger the other day.  I love me some good doom/death.  I intend on ordering that split of theirs with Memorium and Lucifer's Doom from VOGR soon.

What do you think of that Shamash EP?  It seems to have flown under the radar for most but I heard some samples that sounded pretty good.

The Shamash EP is interesting. It's definitely different. I guess it would probably be classified as progressive metal with black metal and symphonic elements. I'll have to listen more to develop a better opinion of it.

Cool!  I do like different...  How are the lyrics?  I've found myself becoming pickier and pickier about lyrics these days.  Cheers!

Good question. If I find the answer, I'll let you know haha. There aren't any lyrics with the album; it's just a single page insert with the band members thanking various people. It's pretty underground. iTunes didn't recognize the disc, so I had to rip it as unknown and go back and enter all the tracks manually and such. Usually, that only happens with obscure black metal bands.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Ha right on. Actually after I posted that I was looking at their page on the Metal Archives which has lyrics and from a quick glance, they're quite good!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:Ha right on.  Actually after I posted that I was looking at their page on the Metal Archives which has lyrics and from a quick glance, they're quite good!

They look good! I looked up what some of the Latin means. One is a Gregorian chant and the other appears to be a hymn from the Eastern Orthodox church. There's also some Hebrew that apparently has to do with the Holy Spirit. Definitely diverse.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:02 pm

The new remastered 7days CDs came in yesterday! I've been wanting these for a while, so I was very happy when I saw they were going to be re-released. Truly, they are prog masterpieces.

7days - The Weight of the World
7days - Into Forever
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Nice! I like what I've sampled of 7 Days but haven't looked into them too much yet. I need give 'em a good listen and now that the CDs are re-released, I might-should pick 'em up... Smile
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Kerrick wrote:Nice!  I like what I've sampled of 7 Days but haven't looked into them too much yet.  I need give 'em a good listen and now that the CDs are re-released, I might-should pick 'em up...  Smile

I highly recommend it! If you're on the edge, the albums are on Spotify where you can take a listen. There's an almost 20 minute song on one of the albums...prog heaven!
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Cool, I'll give them another listen!

I finally got around to ordering Enshrouding - Time To Kill The Beast. Cool
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:28 am

Jerusalem - Volume 1 (Reissue)
Jerusalem - Volume 2 (Reissue)
Jerusalem - Can't Stop Us Now (Reissue)
Encryptor - Encryption (1999-2006)
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:59 pm

These albums came in recently:

Slechtvalk - The War That Plagues the Lands (finally!)
Wytch Hazel - Prelude
Wytch Hazel - II: Sojourn
Wytch Hazel - III: Pentecost

Special shout out to Kerrick for introducing me to Wytch Hazel. They are truly a phenomenal band and I've been a bit obsessed with them lately.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:12 pm

Rad! Yeah Wytch Hazel is really something special. Excellent stuff. I'm glad you dig 'em! I'll be curious to hear which album of theirs you like the best, once you have a chance to familiarize yourself with them. They're all great, though to me, they get better with each album. Enjoy!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:Rad!  Yeah Wytch Hazel is really something special.  Excellent stuff.  I'm glad you dig 'em!  I'll be curious to hear which album of theirs you like the best, once you have a chance to familiarize yourself with them.  They're all great, though to me, they get better with each album.  Enjoy!

I really like Prelude and III: Pentecost. The second album hasn't quite clicked with me yet.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 pm

So the man behind several underground bands, Nöctvrnal Servänt, is having a sale on all of his discography. I think it cost me like $10 bucks to purchase everything through Bandcamp. This includes the bands Goatscorge, Shekinah, Proven Existence, and What Brings Ruin. There are a ton of songs and it will take me a long time to sort through everything. It took a long time just to transfer all of the releases to my iTunes library. It's very underground, very lofi from what I've listened to so far. Influences from death metal and black metal.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:45 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:I really like Prelude and III: Pentecost. The second album hasn't quite clicked with me yet.

Cool! Prelude is probably the most accessible and hooked me right away. When II was released, it didn't click immediately but eventually I found myself reaching for that more often than Prelude. Then once III was released and I was able to digest it, it's become my favorite.

MetalPioneer wrote:So the man behind several underground bands, Nöctvrnal Servänt, is having a sale on all of his discography. I think it cost me like $10 bucks to purchase everything through Bandcamp. This includes the bands Goatscorge, Shekinah, Proven Existence, and What Brings Ruin. There are a ton of songs and it will take me a long time to sort through everything. It took a long time just to transfer all of the releases to my iTunes library. It's very underground, very lofi from what I've listened to so far. Influences from death metal and black metal.

Oh yeah I saw that on FB. His stuff isn't really my cup of tea, but I commend the guy for how much music he cranks out and how experimental he's been with it.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:07 pm

These came in today:

David Benson - Holy Psychotherapy
No Innocent Victim - Tipping the Scales
Scourged Flesh - Welcome to the End of the World
Veni Domine - Tongues
The Crucified - The Complete Collection multiple disc set
Kekal - 1,000 Thoughts of Violence

Excited to get listening!
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:20 pm

Jacobs Dream - Theater of War
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Wingdom - Reality
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Jacobs Dream - Drama of the Ages
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm

I got a large package in from Boone's Overstock today.

Saviour Machine - Rarities / Revelations I
Saviour Machine - Rarities / Revelations II
Saviour Machine - Rarities / Revelations III
Saviour Machine - Rarities / Revelations IV
Jacobs Dream - Beneath the Shadows
Dagon - Vindication
Dagon - Paranormal Ichthyology
Avmaveth - Strong as Death
Sacred Warrior - Master's Command (2017 Reissue)
Deliverance - Assimilation (2019 Reissue)
Ultimatum - Symphonic Extremities +3
Ultimatum - Lex Metalis (2019 Reissue)
Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration (2020 Reissue)
Holy Blood - The Patriot
A.W.A.S. - Hope
Wintersoul - Frozen Storm Apocalypse
Hortor - Dharma Esencia de impureza

Dagon isn't a Christian band, but they're often lumped into that category because they were on Bombworks Records for a while.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Lament - Breathless
Goredeath - Cast into Darkness
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Got a package from Great Britain today!

Crimson Moonlight - The Covenant Progress

Now if only I can track down a physical copy of Veil of Remembrance.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm

Day of Fire - Day of Fire
Day of Fire - Cut & Move
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:52 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:Got a package from Great Britain today!

Crimson Moonlight - The Covenant Progress

Now if only I can track down a physical copy of Veil of Remembrance.

Dang I didn't realize Veil is so difficult to find now! Keep an eye on Doolittle Group... They're connected to the label I believe and might get fresh pressings of it from time to time. I've ordered from them before and they're legit. It might be worth asking if they plan on getting any more in stock too!
https://doolittle.bigcartel.com/product/crimson-moonlight-veil-of-remembrance
Kerrick
Kerrick

MetalPioneer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:50 pm

Ritual Servant - Metallum Evangelii (Gold Disc Edition) - Finally!!!
Illuminandi - In Via (I've been searching for a physical copy for years, so that's exciting)
Veni Domine - Spiritual Wasteland
Narcissus - Crave and Collapse
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:52 am

Yay I'm stoked you got the Ritual Servant CD! It's a good'un for sure.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next