Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers For Metal Musicians

3 posters

Go down

Prayers For Metal Musicians Empty Prayers For Metal Musicians

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:55 pm

The heavy metal "scene" in general has always had a pretty spiritual element to it - be it mysticism, worship of nature, outright rebellion towards God, or in our little corner: the worship of the one true God.  We've seen famous musicians of secular bands turn to the Lord like Dave Mustaine or Nicko McBrain.  But over the years, there have been those who once praised God in their songs but who have since denounced their faith.  In that latter category, there are three musicians in particular whose music I own and listen to regularly.  I've made it a habit to pray for them every time one of their songs comes on shuffle or I play one of their albums.  It's been a good means of reminding me to pray and remain focused on the glorification of God and I thought maybe folks here would like to join in and do the same, since in your libraries there are probably [tragically] other musicians who have also turned away.  May God chase after those lost sheep and soften their hearts towards Him as a means to bring His Name glory!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Prayers For Metal Musicians Empty Re: Prayers For Metal Musicians

Post by aaljunior Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Wow!! That’s a nice and interesting point to put. I’ll do the same.
And may the God of wonders touch their hearts and bring them back to the Path.

Sent from Topic'it App
aaljunior
aaljunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 pm

^Amen!

One of the musicians I regularly pray for's band recently released a new album and some of the lyrics are obviously about the pain/sorrow his leaving the faith has caused - both to him personally and those around him.  We had been in somewhat regular email communication a few years ago and he was very open about it all.  Today I sent him an email letting him know that I've been praying for him regularly for the past few years.  Please pray that the Holy Spirit would be moving in his heart and that God would use even my email to encourage him and draw him to Himself.  Thank you!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Prayers For Metal Musicians Empty Nothing at all

Post by Mark Hentze Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Nothing
Mark Hentze
Mark Hentze

http://superheroarchangel.angelfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content