Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Metal

4 posters

Go down

Black Metal Empty Black Metal

Post by Mark Hentze Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:38 pm

So whats the good thing about it.
i cant get so much into it.
i am more of a death metal guy.. Embarassed
Mark Hentze
Mark Hentze

http://superheroarchangel.angelfire.com

Back to top Go down

Black Metal Empty Re: Black Metal

Post by Wolfform Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:46 am

Black Metal is my fave 😬

Sent from Topic'it App
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:41 pm

I do love me some black metal... Something I particularly like about it is how emotive and introspective it can be. Emotions of awe, wonder, mystery, and enchantment can all be invoked by good black metal that death, power, etc. can't get to IMO. Also, I think black metal serves as a fantastic base to build off from and/or add other musical styles to. It's the pizza of metal: you can add all sorts of crazy toppings to it and create all sorts of epic new flavors that taste great! Symphonic black, black/doom, post-black, black/shoegaze, etc. can be pretty neat.

Another aspect of why I like black metal is the Christian/historical implications. Black metal was founded on evil, anti-Christian, and totally depraved values. But now there are numerous Christian black metal bands who have taken something once solely associated with evil and have used it as a means to glorify God. That's pretty dang cool and if you really want to read into it, Christian black metal could be symbolic of how God rescues those in rebellion to Him and sanctifies them, thus bringing glory to Himself.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:01 pm

So true, I think that's one of the main reasons I like it is because of the variety. You can have some straight more traditional sounding black metal and then you add atmospheric elements or melodic and its unique.
Before I was a Christian, I used to listen to "evil" black metal, not really knowing it was evil. So after I started to pay attention to lyrics and being more mindful of that, I was so glad to find Christian black metal bands. I also love the intensity of it, I think I could always relate my emotions to it. Doom might be my next favorite 🤔

Sent from Topic'it App
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 pm

I concur with the posts above. There's so much variety within the genre and it is so good at creating a sense of awe and wonder and power unlike many other genres. That being said, there is a LOT of poor-quality black metal that I really can't get into, so these days I can be a little picky with it. Some of the better recent releases for me are Soker Tilflukt's EP, the new Skald in Veum, and the new Frosthardr.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 am

The Skald in Veum and Frosthardr albums are great! Had them on repeat when I first got them.

Sent from Topic'it App
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:00 pm

I still need to get that Skald CD! But dangit there's just been so much good music to buy lately and my wallet can't keep up!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Hmm this app is messing up my posts

Last edited by Wolfform on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 pm

I feel ya, I have a list of want albums but I'm on a budget. lol I need a second job just for music purchases.

Sent from Topic'it App
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Grr being on a budget is quite frustrating! Don't ever buy a home because that only makes it worse hahaha. We set budgets for all of our spending but ironically, my music budget seems to be the only one I/we stick to... Oh well! I gotta sell some more of my music I no longer listen to because that goes straight back to music budget. flower
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:59 pm

I'm sure I don't have as much music as you, but I also sold some of the stuff I didn't really listen to. Now I'm basically trying to only buy music I really really like, also because I would rather not accumulate too much. Won't be buying a house for a long while but have a big move coming up. fun times

Sent from Topic'it App
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm

I can commiserate with you on moving! I hope it goes smoothly. Are you moving very far? This last move for us was relatively nice because it was just up the street a couple blocks, though even then it was still a hassle. Packing is the worst part...
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down