Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citron (Czech heavy metal)

3 posters

Go down

Citron (Czech heavy metal) Empty Citron (Czech heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Citron has been around for a very long time and has had plenty of lineup changes.  But they're one of the staples in heavy metal within the Eastern European area and are quite good!  Check 'em out.  They're not a "Christian band" but I believe have some Christians in the band.

Their newer material:

And some older stuff:

(Since marrying a Slovak woman, I've greatly enjoyed getting to know some of the Eastern European metal bands like Signum Regis, Within Silence, Sexit, Kreyson, and the like.  I've been a fan of Kreyson (Czech Christian power metal) for some time but only recently discovered Citron which shares some of the same members.  Their music is not so easy to come by in the States, but tonight my mother-in-law is due to arrive from Slovakia to spend a couple weeks with us and our new baby.  Citron has a box set with their entire catalog which I ordered online and my mother-in-law is bringing with her.  I'm stoked!)
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Citron (Czech heavy metal) Empty Re: Citron (Czech heavy metal)

Post by Zymologist Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

Sounds promising! I'd never heard of them before.

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Right on!  I've been listening to them all day and I'm really digging 'em.  I intentionally only listened to them sparsely online before receiving the physical CDs.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Man I am really loving Citron.  Each album is different than the last which I appreciate.  They're definitely not a one-trick-pony.  For fans of the style, I highly recommend picking up this box set!  It's very much worth the money.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:35 am

I really liked the first song you posted. The production was better. I was looking at their discography and thinking that Kerrick's OCD must be going crazy trying to find all of that material.  Razz
metaldude
metaldude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 am

No, quite the contrary!  That box set has their entire discography so my OCD is satiated.   What a Face
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 am

They've got a new EP out.  The title track sounds great!  Hopefully I can pick up the CD when I go to Slovakia next month...

Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm

The majority of Citron's members left when Citron's current singer joined and formed a new band, Limetal.  ("Citron" is "lemon" in Czech: "Limetal" is a play-on words - lemon/lime.)  I have been really enjoying this album.

Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down