Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dusk (doom/death metal)

Go down

Dusk (doom/death metal) Empty Dusk (doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Bands returning from the grave is quite in vogue these days...  Wisconsin underground doom/death metal band Dusk recently jumped on that bandwagon and have released a new EP.  Their first EP and full-length have also been re-released together by Dark Symphonies.  Pretty good stuff.

Also, this portion of an interview might interest folks here:

Doom-metal.com wrote:Steve, it's said that after converting to Christianity, you quit Dusk in order to perform missionary work in Africa. Can you tell how this journey influenced you?

SC: Well I actually never actually quit the band to do missionary work per se. It is true that I quit to reexamine my life and part of this included getting back to my Christian roots. After leaving the band I did go to several countries in Eastern Africa to provide famine relief and was part of providing overall humanitarian needs with a Christian Church and the UN. This month of my life was eye opening and did change my view of the world and my life for sure. 

Full interview here:
http://www.doom-metal.com/interviews.php?entry=1557
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Dusk (doom/death metal) Empty Re: Dusk (doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 pm

They're having a pretty incredible sale on their merch.  Their full-length and first EP compilation CD is only $5 and their new EP only $4!  Plus they've got shirts and sweatshirts.  Facebook's store is a bit clunky but apparently if you message the band, they'll combine shipping for multiple items.  I just messaged them to order the two CDs.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/duskusaofficial/shop/?rid=155090521221668&rt=39
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 am

For any fans of doom/death... I highly recommend picking up Dusk's material.  It's really quite good!  I've been greatly enjoying my CDs of theirs.

Also, on a fun side-note.  Steve (the guy in the interview I posted above) was the one handling the orders and such so I got to chat with him a bit.  For one, he's incredibly friendly so kudos to him and the band for even taking the time to talk with their fans.  But what was neat is that what he was doing in Africa was actually less than four hours away from where I was doing some missionary work at an orphanage some years back.  Small world!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:05 pm

Dusk has a new album coming out next month! Their lyrics reference the biblical end times in the below article which is a nice and informative read, so that's cool.  Enjoy!

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2023/11/17/an-ncs-video-premiere-dusk-beacon-obscured/

Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down