Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecthirion New Album

2 posters

Go down

Ecthirion New Album Empty Ecthirion New Album

Post by Kerrick Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:Ecthirion definitely belongs on this list.  Their debut album has been delayed for almost a decade now (the EP was released in 2009).  The last I heard was that preorders would hopefully be coming soon, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it.  Which is a shame, because there really aren't many Christian symphonic or orchestral black metal bands.

You better believe it!  Look at what was in Soundmass' email newsletter:

Soundmass wrote:
Ecthirion New Album ECTHpsal
Formed in 2008 and releasing their debut EP on Soundmass  in 2009, Ecthirion have been slowly and meticulously working on their follow-up ever since. 2018 sees the culmination of this work in the release of the UK band’s full-length album “Psalms of the Risen Dead”.

An orchestral metal band with a broad range of influences and contrasts, Ecthirion’s aim has always been to create unique and thought-provoking compositions, both musically and lyrically. You will hear elements of power metal, death metal and even tech death, with Eastern and folk influences bringing variety. Also very much inspired by nature, some songs are reflective of raging torrents, while others are brooding and serene.

An array of people contributed to the project - 6 vocalists and several classical musicians who help to create an authentic neoclassical sound. The album features belting vocal performances from Celso Alves (Allos) and Eugen Dodenhoeft (Far Beyond), as well as David Cooney’s (Jorvik) intense screams contrasting with emotive female vocals. With riffy guitars and intense drumming, “Psalms of the Risen Dead” is a spiritual journey for every listener to embark on, with lyrical themes of personal struggle, death, conquering sin and the brevity of life. The accompanying 16-page booklet illustrates this opulent metal musical, ending with death and what comes after.

Recommend for fans of epic symphonic, prog, extreme, power metal - Kamelot, Symphony X, Nightwish and Dimmu Borgir.

Available for preorder here:
https://www.soundmass.com/product/psalms-of-the-risen-dead/

Even though the Australian exchange rate is in our [Americans'] favor, I'm sure Metal Helm and other US distros will carry it in time too if you don't want to order from Australia.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Ecthirion New Album Empty Re: Ecthirion New Album

Post by MetalPioneer Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:19 pm

That's super exciting! I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything through their Facebook page yet, or maybe I just missed it. Thanks for posting!
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm

You bet! I immediately thought of you when I saw it. Smile
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:52 am

I asked Gabriel if a U.S. vendor would be carrying the album, and he said that Metal Helm would be. So no reason to preorder from Soundmass in Australia if you are from the U.S. Super stoked for this album!
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Now that it's been out for a little while, what are folks' thoughts on this album? It's been consistently praised everywhere I look. I've only heard a couple songs from it but it's on my want-list...
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Along with that Skald in veum album, I finally picked this one up too and have been really enjoying it. While it's not the typical style I usually listen to, I'm digging it. It's got good lyrics too.

I haven't listened to their EP. How would y'all compare the two? Should I be on the lookout for the EP too?
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Kerrick wrote:Along with that Skald in veum album, I finally picked this one up too and have been really enjoying it.  While it's not the typical style I usually listen to, I'm digging it.  It's got good lyrics too.

I haven't listened to their EP.  How would y'all compare the two?  Should I be on the lookout for the EP too?

I played the heck out of that EP over the years. The EP is a bit less polished and features a lot of guest musicians. I think if you like the full-length you'll enjoy the EP as well. Overall it comes off as more orchestral as you have several purely instrumental tracks.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on it. Cool
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Well I ended up ordering the EP directly from the band! I can't wait until it comes in.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down