Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

3 posters

Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:14 pm

Crowned In Sorrow has been mentioned in a couple other threads but this project deserves its own thread.  I just finished listening to the debut album for the first time and am pretty blown away by it.  This has major album-of-the-year potential...  For the unfamiliar, it's a solo project by Derek Corzine of Blood Thirsty, Cosyns, Whisper From Heaven, Bloodline Severed, and Syringe.  I'd describe the music as atmospheric/symphonic doom/death metal (sometimes called "dark metal").  There are also some pretty notable guest vocalists/musicians on the album.  Check it out!

https://crownedinsorrow.bandcamp.com/album/in-memoriam

Kerrick
Kerrick

Wolfform likes this post

Back to top Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Re: Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by MetalPioneer Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:25 pm

The album is phenomenal! There's a lot to digest that will take several more listens to take it all in. I love the variation along with the doom and gloom, as it keeps things interesting.

January already has 3 phenomenal albums that may be contenders of the year for me...2021 is looking pretty great in terms of music.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Wolfform likes this post

Back to top Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Re: Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by Wolfform Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:54 pm

I tried really hard not to listen too much when he was recording and mixing to be able to enjoy it in its fullness. lol Glad you guys dig it!
Wolfform
Wolfform

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:42 pm

Ha, you have stronger willpower than I would were I in your shoes!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down