Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal)

4 posters

Go down

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal) Empty "New" Apostisy (melodic death metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm

US melodic death metal band Apostisy is releasing a re-recorded version of their 1994 demo Allies Of A Fallen Empire.  Check it out!  They've also got some pretty sweet shirts available too.
https://apostisy.bandcamp.com/album/allies-of-a-fallen-empire

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal) A1430243093_16
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal) Empty melodic?

Post by Mark Hentze Wed May 27, 2020 5:45 pm

this piece of music sound like bolt thrower.
not melodic death metal.
Mark Hentze
Mark Hentze

http://superheroarchangel.angelfire.com

Back to top Go down

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal) Empty Re: "New" Apostisy (melodic death metal)

Post by MetalPioneer Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Mark Hentze wrote:this piece of music sound like bolt thrower.
not melodic death metal.

I have their Blood That Covers All Sin and their Famine of a Thousand Frozen Years albums. Honestly, those two albums are very different than what I just listened to. I think Kerrick labelled them as melodic death metal because their later albums definitely fit better into that mold. Either way, I don't revisit this band too often. They are okay, but there is a lot of better stuff out there, in my opinion.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

"New" Apostisy (melodic death metal) Empty Re: "New" Apostisy (melodic death metal)

Post by Júlio Thu May 28, 2020 12:29 pm

interesting. death metal was never my first choice when looking for something to listen to. but for some time now I've been listening a lot. the shirts are really good.
Júlio
Júlio

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Júlio wrote:interesting. death metal was never my first choice when looking for something to listen to. but for some time now I've been listening a lot. the shirts are really good.  

So you don't like death metal in general or this band surprised you?
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 28, 2020 5:52 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:I think Kerrick labelled them as melodic death metal because their later albums definitely fit better into that mold.

You hit the nail on the head. Smile I'm most familiar with Famine... and Blood... which I'd categorize as melodic death metal. I've only sampled bits of this demo re-release and will wait for the CD arrive to listen to it all the way. Cool
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Júlio Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:
Júlio wrote:interesting. death metal was never my first choice when looking for something to listen to. but for some time now I've been listening a lot. the shirts are really good.  

Yes,I am not very familiar. and that was a pleasant surprise. if you have any worthwhile indications I thank MetalPionner.
Júlio
Júlio

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Júlio wrote:
MetalPioneer wrote:

Yes,I am not very familiar. and that was a pleasant surprise. if you have any worthwhile indications I thank MetalPionner.

Here are some of my favorite Christian death metal albums. You may already be familiar with some of them:

Melodic DM:
Pantokrator - Incarnate
Hilastherion - Signs of the End
Immortal Souls - Ice Upon the Night

Traditional DM:
Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth
Crimson Thorn - Unearthed
Becoming the Archetype - Dichotomy
Broken Flesh - Warbound
Tortured Conscience - Every Knee Shall Bow
Corpse - From the Grave
Lament - Tears of a Leper
Krig - Narcissistic Mechanism

Blackened DM
Extol - Undeceived
A Hill to Die Upon - Omens

Death/doom Metal
Paramaecium - Within the Ancient Forest
Dalit - Descent
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 29, 2020 2:07 pm

^That's a very good list! A couple others I'd add are:

Vardoger - Ghost Notes (progressive death metal, fairly melodic too)
The Autumn League - Concept Of Irony (atmospheric/melodic death metal)
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Júlio Fri May 29, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm already familiar with MetalPioneer, I just didn't know the hilastherion (which I thought was great),becoming the archetype(How has this band never crossed my radar?How has this band never crossed my radar? Shocked ,tortured conscienceb(Brutal and exuberant). I also enjoyed Kerrick's nominations highlighting vardoger, now I have a lot of material to listen to this weekend. Thank you my friends.
Júlio
Júlio

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 29, 2020 6:07 pm

cheers Enjoy!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 pm

My CD of Allies... just arrived in today's mail and I've listened to it once through. It's mighty good. I didn't realize that it's actually a collection of songs from their three demos, not just their demo of the same name. Anyways, the songs sound good and if you like their other material, you're likely to dig this too - though it is less melodic and more aggressive than their full-length Famine Of A Thousand Frozen Years FYI.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Has anyone else gotten Apostisy's new album, The Paradox Of Existence?
https://apostisy.bandcamp.com/album/the-paradox-of-existence

It's very good; fans of Famine... will find much to like here, though the new album is heavier, darker, and more expansive than anything they've done in the past.  While there is a Bible verse noted prominently in the booklet, the lyrics are more about social/personal issues and not explicitly Christian in any noticeable way.  Nonetheless they're clean and nothing un-Christian.  (The last song has some imagery of ghosts/dybbuks though it seems more allegorical than literal.)  Check it out!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Hey, thanks for the reminder about this one. I actually forgot to pre-order the album. I put in my order now and the CD will arrive some time at the beginning of Feb. I might just wait until then to listen to all of it. I guess it's old school now, but I like to rip the tracks from the CD to my computer and then listen to it in my car on the way to work when I get a new album.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Right on!  I think you'll dig it.  Let me know what you think once it arrives!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down