Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obscure Gems: Death Metal

+2
Kerrick
Zymologist
6 posters

Go down

Obscure Gems: Death Metal Empty Obscure Gems: Death Metal

Post by Zymologist Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:54 am

Kerrick, I'm impatient so I'm just going to get this one started. Hopefully I'm not stealing your thunder. Very Happy

I think Indwelling's album And My Eye Shall Weep would qualify. Pretty great stuff, this.

I'll post more when I think of them.

Zymologist

Back to top Go down

Obscure Gems: Death Metal Empty Re: Obscure Gems: Death Metal

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Oh no, my thunder: it's gone!   Razz  Hahahaha you go right ahead.  Smile  Though I really don't listen to much death metal so I won't have much to offer for this thread.  I have the Indwelling album and it's pretty good though the vocals are too monotonous for me to really love it.  Nonetheless it's quality stuff and for some unknown reason does seem to be pretty obscure.

On the more melodic side, I think The Autumn League is significantly underrated.  Their album has remained on pretty constant rotation for me since it came out in 2014.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:32 pm

That Indwelling album is amazing. I don't have time to do an in-depth write up at the moment, but later this weekend I will, hopefully. Death metal is my bread and butter.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Darkening doesn't seem to get the attention they deserve.  Their one album Augur is quite good.  It's only available digitally though I think at one point there was some discussion of releasing it physically too.  It's a solo project by Jeff Carter of The Chariot and Deus Invictus.  I'd describe it as atmospheric death metal.  I believe new material is in the works too.
https://darkening.bandcamp.com/
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Kerrick wrote:Darkening doesn't seem to get the attention they deserve.  Their one album Augur is quite good.  It's only available digitally though I think at one point there was some discussion of releasing it physically too.  It's a solo project by Jeff Carter of The Chariot and Deus Invictus.  I'd describe it as atmospheric death metal.  I believe new material is in the works too.
https://darkening.bandcamp.com/

I own this album and it's pretty good.  From one of their FB posts the other day it sounds like Deus Invictus is working on new material, which has me excited.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:00 am

One fairly underground brutal death metal band is Spirit's Breeze.  I have their None Shall Perish album and it's pretty good.  It's hard to find information about the band, and I think they're still active, but they haven't released an album since 2007.

The vocalist is female, too, which is unusual in death metal.

MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkyzilla85 Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:19 pm

MetalPioneer wrote:One fairly underground brutal death metal band is Spirit's Breeze.  I have their None Shall Perish album and it's pretty good.  It's hard to find information about the band, and I think they're still active, but they haven't released an album since 2007.

The vocalist is female, too, which is unusual in death metal.

This is pretty good. Very Happy I suppose that trying to find any of their albums on CD is going to be either darn near impossible and expensive.
Sparkyzilla85
Sparkyzilla85

Back to top Go down

Obscure Gems: Death Metal Empty no more growling

Post by Mark Hentze Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:33 pm

i dont growl anymore.
maybe i could start again if i listen to some in flames

Last edited by MarkMetalHead on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Hentze
Mark Hentze

http://superheroarchangel.angelfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:02 am

LOVE LOVE this record!  Kiiinnnnd of monotonous but epic nonetheless. Wish they would have done more records, would've only gotten better from here.

if you don't know, this is basically the hardcore band Overcome, less one member I believe, playing death metal.

Zymologist wrote:Kerrick, I'm impatient so I'm just going to get this one started. Hopefully I'm not stealing your thunder. Very Happy

I think Indwelling's album And My Eye Shall Weep would qualify. Pretty great stuff, this.

I'll post more when I think of them.
crucifyd
crucifyd

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down