Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rediscovering Old Albums

3 posters

Go down

Rediscovering Old Albums Empty Rediscovering Old Albums

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Do you ever happen upon an old album in your collection that you haven't listened to in ages and it sounds totally fresh and new, yet nostalgic and familiar?  It seems like there is always a new CD (or 12...) I want to buy, but sometimes it's really great to rediscover something I already have and enjoy that instead.  That happened to me recently with Winterkou's album.  How about everyone else?  Have you recently rediscovered something buried deep within your musical library and have a newfound appreciation for it?
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Rediscovering Old Albums Empty Re: Rediscovering Old Albums

Post by crucifyd Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:24 am

not actually recent but 2 or 3 years ago I REALLY listened to Barren Cross - Rattle Your Cage for what was in effect the first time even though I bought it when it came out in 94. Much better than I remember back then and I really got into it.
crucifyd
crucifyd

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:34 am

I was listening to some Abated Mass of Flesh (death metal) the other day and some of the stuff was much better than I remembered.  It's also interesting to see how a band slowly evolves over time (in this case, for the best).
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:35 pm

^Nice.  I really appreciate when a band evolves/changes over time instead of just retreading the same formula.

Having one of Lo-Ruhamah's members come on CMR and explain the lyrics to their newest album Anointing has spurred me to revisit their first album The Glory Of God.  I never really got into it, though now listening to it with fresh ears, I'm really enjoying it and now Anointing is towards the top of my to-buy list.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down