Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP

2 posters

Go down

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP Empty Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP Parakletos---Se-Guds-Lamm-S

I just got this in the mail this weekend and am absolutely loving it.  I've been listening to it on repeat haha.  This EP has me completely stoked for what Ljungeld has cooking for the upcoming full-length.

For those unfamiliar, Parakletos released a stellar album back in 2004 of symphonic black metal and have been silent until earlier this year with the announcement of this EP and a pending full-length.  If you don't have their debut, it's a bit difficult to come by nowadays but definitely worth tracking down.  The new EP has three tracks:

Track 1 is a reworking of Se Guds Lamm from the debut album.  It takes everything great about the original and cranks it up another level.  It's fiercer, heavier, more intense, and even more majestic.  There is also an additional amount of subtleties that add to the complexity of the song which come out through repeated listens.

Track 2 is a taster of what we can expect from the upcoming full-length.  The style here picks up where the debut left off some 14 years ago though with added maturity and depth.  It's a little darker sounding, yet still maintains that intensity and majesty you'd expect from Parakletos.  Something I really enjoy about it is the variety that exists throughout the song - yet it never loses its cohesiveness.  If this is indeed any indication of what the full-length will sound like, I think we'll have another classic on our hands.

Track 3 is a cover of Antestor's song A Sovereign Fortress.  It stays true to the original without completely changing it, yet breathes new life into the old classic by adding some ferocity and cranking up the symphonic elements some - and sounds absolutely fantastic.

All three songs are very strong; no filler exists here.  I highly recommend it.  It's worth noting that the digipak is very nicely done too.  The photography/layout is gorgeous and the lyrics are included in Swedish with English translations.

Also, a special thank you to Eddie DeWitte for hooking me up with this EP - a signed copy (!!!) no less!  This is a special addition to my humble collection.  Thank you sir!

(Here's a picture of some funny looking guy holding the signed EP.  Cool shirt though.)

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP 20181012
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP Empty Re: Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm listening to this right now; wow what a fantastic EP. I hope they come out with that full-length soon!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm

I just listened to this yesterday. Yes, it is quite fantastic. If they come out with another full length.....

will probably go on the top 10 list. Twisted Evil
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Ha, me too.  From their debut full-length to their EP, they've really upped the intensity, ferocity, but also majestic/epic elements.  If the EP is any indicator of what the upcoming full-length will sound like, it's going to be absolutely killer.
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh and, I agree that the Antestor cover is fantastic. That's SUCH a classic song and I was SO pleased when I heard it and realized they did it such justice!
Deepfriar
Deepfriar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum