Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal)

2 posters

Go down

Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal) Empty Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm

I recently got Heidre's album entitled Kvit. They're hard to categorize, but I made an attempt in the title haha. Lyrically, the songs are all worship hymns and sang in Norwegian.  My wife says the singer sounds like she's 15 haha, but she's a good singer and it fits the music very well IMO.  Here's one of the more upbeat tracks, though they've also got some more doomy stuff. Enjoy!

Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal) Empty Re: Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal)

Post by MetalPioneer Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:58 pm

It sounds interesting, but I just can't get into the vocals. She really does sound like a kid, so I agree with your wife on that.
MetalPioneer
MetalPioneer

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal) Empty Re: Heidre (Norwegian gothic/doom/folk/rock/metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:33 pm

It's definitely not for everyone. I will say this though: I discovered them some time ago, gave 'em a listen, and it didn't resonate with me. Then recently someone made a post about them on another forum so I gave 'em another shot and this time it just clicked. You can listen to their whole album on Bandcamp too:
https://nordicmission.bandcamp.com/album/kvit
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down