Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Projects

2 posters

Go down

Home Projects Empty Home Projects

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Post here any fun home DIY projects, rant about troubles replacing water heaters, or the like!

To start off, yesterday evening my dad and I finished building shelves in my home office which turned out mighty fine I must say!  But I'm no interior decorator and now I'm uncertain how to fill them...  I'd appreciate y'all's input!

(Pardon the mess... it's still a bit of a construction zone in there.)  I threw all of my music CDs (and movies and videogames) onto the "left" shelves just to get an idea of what I'm working with.  Originally, I was going to have shelves where the two framed posters are, but my wife and I both like how the posters look there instead.  Should I keep my music all on the left or spread it out around the window too?  We don't even own a TV anymore so the movies and videogames (stuff on the very top row) will only gather dust there; should I move those to our basement and only have music on the left shelves?  I have a couple pretty neat vintage firearms that my wife was thinking would look pretty sweet up top above the window.  My wife also had the idea of buying a bunch of empty jewel cases and printing some favorite metal album covers, then cutting them into vertical slices the width of the jewel cases' splines (which Iron Maiden actually already did with their re-releases some years ago - see below picture I found online of it).  Any other clever ideas?  Thanks!

Home Projects 20191111

Home Projects 20191110

Home Projects 20191112

Home Projects Eddie
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Home Projects Empty Re: Home Projects

Post by Wolfform Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Wow, that's a lot of shelves! Don't feel pressured to fill them up. You can have some of the spaces without CDs and just place something to decorate that you may have lying around. Or you can get a plant lol I decorate with those. We actually picked up CD case thing this weekend at the thrift store. Couldn't fit everything in it but its progress!

Home Projects 20191110
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Cds may look nice right under the window prints. By the way, I also have a framed Vials of Wrath lol but it's a different album. Mine is in the unfinished dining area.
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

Nice! Wow that's a full CD shelf; looks great. Now I'm curious which CDs I'd recognize on that shelf. I'm guessing quite a bit. Smile I see some Angra albums which are always a good choice!

Thanks. I have a bunch of nick-knacks and decorative things that'll make good bookends to break up the CDs some and fill in the shelf. I think I'll do just that. Smile I'm also leaning towards moving all my movies/videogames to somewhere else and having it be only music. Then if/when I need expansion room, I can move under the framed posters. Which VOW poster do you have? I also have the howling wolf one that got made into a shirt but never an album cover. Smile
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:43 pm

I have the seeking refuge album one, it's like a forest and think theres a wolf too. Yeah, we combined albums so all the progressive type stuff is from Derek's collection. My stuff is a lot of black metal and random haha. I think separating the DVDs to another area might be good. I put mine in the TV cabinet thing hidden away.
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:23 pm

Right on. I think a poster of the Seeking Refuge re-release would be very cool too though I don't think any such poster exists. Sad

Progress is being made! I did a bit of organizing and added some of my favorite nick-knacks. And I agree: the DVDs needed to go. Smile I've still got a long ways to go before my office is "done" but I'm very happy with the progress. Smile

Home Projects 20191113
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfform Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:01 am

Hey its looking really good!
Wolfform
Wolfform

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content