Christian Headbangers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throne Of Awful Splendor (black/death metal)

2 posters

Go down

Throne Of Awful Splendor (black/death metal) Empty Throne Of Awful Splendor (black/death metal)

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Dang, I was very sad to hear that Throne Of Awful Splendor are now officially "on hold" and it'd seem that the planned compilation of their two (very good) EPs + bonus material may never see the light of day.  They posted the below statement on their facebook page yesterday.  Their drummer was actually a member of this forum in its previous incarnation.  Anyways, if you haven't picked up their EPs yet, I highly recommend doing so!  Their first one was released on CD though their second EP is digital only.
https://throneofawfulsplendor.bandcamp.com/

Throne Of Awful Splendor wrote:Well, after making you all wait an egregious amount of time for any signs of life from your favorite Pacific Northwestern letdowns, we're back with some good and less-than-good news.

Good news first: our discography is back up and available on Bandcamp. We had originally pulled our recordings from distribution because we were in talks to release a compilation through a henceforth-unnamed label and, well, that label proved to be a Snidely Whiplash when we were looking for Dudley Do-Right (to put it in the dumbest terms we've ever cooked up). The whole collaboration fell through, and we've ended up with nothing new to give you all like we had been hoping. Suffice it to say, we're disappointed. But our two EPs--'The Supernal Hunger' and 'All Lights Relinquished'--are back up and available, for those of you who never got a chance to sample last year's freshly-cooked grotesque before we snapped it into oblivion.

Now on to the bad news (because that...that wasn't the bad news?)...

Throne of Awful Splendor as a project is more or less a closed book at this point. We've had a long run and planned a lot of things, and actually seen a few of those plans through to completion! But as things are now, we're just not in the same places as we were in our heyday, and it's getting harder and harder to get together and make things happen. But that's life. We can't all live the Dethklok metal-mansion dream. Aside from puking blood and calling everything under the sun "brutal". We've definitely got those parts covered.

Now this isn't to say we're absolutely 100% done. If the opportunity presents itself for more material to be recorded, we'll of course pursue that route. But as things are now, we'd rather be transparent and clear about the status of the band. We're not currently active, and anything else that might happen will be for time to tell.

So, thank you all for your support and patience, and for just generally digging what we've turned out over the years. It's been wild to know that these horrible sounds we've grunted and blasted into existence actually matter to people beyond ourselves. So thank you!

Now go sink your yeet tooth into our discography and spend some time scowling and getting kvlt, one more time, for the Throne!
Kerrick
Kerrick

Back to top Go down

Throne Of Awful Splendor (black/death metal) Empty Re: Throne Of Awful Splendor (black/death metal)

Post by Mark Hentze Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 pm

I am sorry but i think its too horror like.
i like happy melodies.
and i like being happy
Mark Hentze
Mark Hentze

http://superheroarchangel.angelfire.com

Back to top Go down